My First Blog Post

Hello! Since this is my first blog post, I’ll start by introducing myself.

My name is Carleton (I go by Trey because I am the third), and I live in West Michigan. Winter 2024 is my last term and course at Oregon State University; I am thrilled about completing my online capstone project and moving to the next stage of my career. I have a MS in Geology and have worked in the music industry as a Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Specialist since completing my previous degree in 2019. In my current role, I have been exposed to web development technologies and decided to explore this topic as a career. After two years in this program, I am more excited than ever about that decision.

With my interest in web development, the technologies I initially familiarized myself with were HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I will admit that I have much more to learn about these languages, but I find that I improve my skills most when I am actively working on projects. Throughout this program and in personal projects, I have used additional web and database technologies such as React, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, and MySQL. I am excited about the opportunity to continue building my skills with these tools in this class.

I enjoy photography and music as hobbies and would love to combine those interests with my experience in e-commerce in a future role in web development.

I am looking forward to working with my team this quarter to continue building our skills and knowledge to produce an impressive project!