Introductory Post

Howdy! My name is Kristy and I am excited to begin this course with all of you. I am from Dallas, Texas and I graduated with my first bachelor’s in Kinesiology from Texas A&M. I originally wanted to pursue a career in healthcare and spent a lot of time in hospitals and clinics. After graduating, I found that my heart and path led me to seek a career in technology. I am still learning about the field just because there is so much to know and learn and everything is constantly changing!

I gained my first professional experience in the field as a software engineering intern this last summer. It was an amazing experience that I would do over and over again and solidified my decision to change my career trajectory. Currently, I am a full time student at OSU and working part-time as a continuation of my summer internship. I hope to continue my work as a software engineer post-graduation and see what it has to offer for me.

This will be my last semester at OSU and I have enjoyed being a student at this University. My peers and the faculty have been wonderful and I will miss some parts of my student experience! In my free time, I enjoy hiking, board games, being with friends and family, and watching and playing sports. I am looking forward to the remainder of this course!

One response to “Introductory Post”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.