Here’s some helpful thingies
Below are free web services (mostly) that I find helpful to get stuff done.
When to use which image type (memorize this please)
- PNG, JPEG, or GIF? How to Pick the Right File Extension [Infographic]
Web based image tools
- pixlr.com (if you don’t have photoshop use this for basic resize/crop etc)
- Squoosh Image compression. Can be installed as progressive web app.
- (which basically just means that it can be act like a real application that runs in a web browser and doesn’t need internet access to work)
- kracken.io (small image files are good files. if you don’t have photoshop’s “save for web” – use this)
- imageoptim.com (desktop app for macintosh to compress image files. best for png – ok for jpg)
- Polarr.co (or chrome extension/desktop app) Free, browser-based equivalent of Lightroom. (really kinda neat)
- Film Emulator (kinda like VSCO brand filters that emulate all sorts of film camera – can be good starting point for a particular look/feel)
- smallpdf.com (fast and easy pdf compressor. Small files are good files.)
Search Engine Optimization
- Beginners Guide to SEO by Moz.com
- The advanced guide to SEO by Neil Patel
- The Web Developer’s SEO Cheat Sheet 2.0 by Danny Dover
- The KISSmetrics Guide to Blogging
- Content Marketing: How to Build an Audience that Builds Your Business by Copyblogger.com
CSS and HTML cleanup
OSU blog themes
Sapling is a child theme of koji theme.
Branch is a child theme of Twenty Twenty theme.