Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

The first impression that I think I present to potential employers is definitely genuine and outgoing. I am an extremely social person and I thrive off of talking and getting to know people, therefore, I have great customer service skills. I am also really genuine and I think people can see that when I am talking to them. My strengths include being coachable, motivated/hard-working, reliable, easy to work with, and organized. My biggest weakness is that I tend to be a perfectionist. I take a lot longer to complete certain tasks because I want to make sure that they are being done to the best of my ability and correctly. I am unique in that I have many different life experiences that not everyone can say they have had. For example, I studied abroad in Vienna, Austria at the end of last year and traveled all over Europe. I have insight on the world that other people have yet to see, as well as a deeper understanding of different European cultures. I am also unique in that I will be graduating with a degree in marketing and management and an option in international business, in June. Not too many people graduate with 2 degrees and an option in only 4 years.

This information could be communicated to organizations through an ad such as this:

78 Marketing Memes ideas | humor, hilarious, memes

I would create a poster with this meme on it. It gives off a comical vibe while also off the cuff stating that I am determined and able. Next to this picture I would list a few power words to describe me and my work ethic and simply put that “I am ready and excited to work”. I would also maybe put on there somewhere, “Reliable workers are hard to find nowadays, so stop looking.” This is another mildly comical statement that catches the reader’s attention and shows that I am a reliable worker. I would create this ad online and post it to my LinkedIn account or Handshake in order to try to attract employers. I would also maybe send it to a few companies that I like and would potentially want a job at. The only way to get a job is to put yourself out there and be different. I would try to put as much on the ad about myself as I could without cluttering it. The more you show about yourself on an ad, the more people may become interested. If there is limited information, no one will want to take the risk or spend the time and money interviewing someone that may or may not be the right fit. I think that comedy always catches people’s attention and makes things more appealing, as does the list of qualities, qualifications, and experiences.