My Journey in Cybersecurity and Teamwork

Embracing the Challenge of Project Design

In our cybersecurity project, we’ve embarked on a unique challenge: understanding website security by examining what makes a site insecure. As newcomers to project design, my team and I are learning on the go, creating documentation that will pave our path to success in this class. It’s intriguing to reverse-engineer secure designs to figure out their vulnerabilities. Though we’re just scratching the surface, I believe more discoveries and potential roadblocks will arise as we move through the development phase next term.

Learning Through Writing: Course Reflections

This course has been an eye-opener, with an unexpected emphasis on writing and planning. All this planning has helped me appreciate the extensive groundwork required before actual product development begins. However, I feel there’s room for improvement in the course, particularly in providing more structured project options for beginners in cybersecurity. I also believe industry mentorship in the cybersecurity project could immensely enhance our learning and future career prospects.

On the Job Hunt and Personal Growth

Admittedly, the job hunt hasn’t been my primary focus recently. After a personal crisis and a break from school, I’ve been realigning my goals and mental state. I’m now working with the VA to find a cybersecurity position in a government agency post-graduation. I am hoping to integrate my military experience into this new career. It’s a journey of overcoming obstacles, and I want to stress the importance of seeking help when struggling with mental health.

Life Hacks: Stress Management and Team Dynamics

Running has been my sanctuary! It’s where I shed my stress and anxieties, if only for 45 minutes. This physical activity has not only helped me personally but also in navigating team dynamics. After a shaky start with our team communication, we’ve finally found our rhythm. Balancing my responsibilities with personal relaxation is key. By adhering to a strict work schedule, I ensure quality time with my family and maintain my mental well-being. Remember, while school and projects are important, family and mental health should always take precedence.

Looking Ahead: Embracing the Future with Optimism

As I reflect on these experiences, I realize that each challenge and every new lesson forms an important part of my journey. Whether it’s navigating the finer details of cybersecurity, learning the ropes of effective team collaboration, or managing the delicate balance between personal life and professional aspirations, every step has its significance.

Above all, I’ve learned the importance of resilience and the value of mental health and family. Running isn’t just a sport for me, it’s a metaphor for life, it’s the constant rhythm of moving forward, one step at a time, no matter the terrain. Best of luck to you my fellow humans!