Interviews

Interviews are really important, they can help distinguish the right person for the job. My recent job interviews have been decent. I think the most effective thing I have seen in interviews, not mine, but others would be cognitive and physical abilities tests (Week5Lec3). I sat in on an interview in my current position, we were interviewing for a construction builder and we needed to see if they would be able to fix various things and stay within a budget. we laid out various tools and had them patch a hole in the wall. it was affective because we got a chance to see if they know how to stay within a budget, time frame, and knowledge about what it should look like it rather than a quick fix.

I have been in interviews where they sent interview questions 30 prior to the interview but neglected to tell me about the interview questions and it was a virtual self led interview. For those types of interviews i think preparedness is vital otherwise the interview is ineffective.
implicit bias can affect the interview process by causing disagreements with the interviewee or which can negatively impact the interview as whole.