Oregon Sea Grant’s marine education team and the Oregon Coast STEM Hub say that STEM learning is crucial to students, academic and professional success. Engaging students, families, and community members in STEM related activities will help promote the importance — and fun — of STEM!
How can you participate?
The STEM Oregon website offers these suggestions:
- Register your class, school, organization or activity – By registering, you allow STEM Oregon to measure statewide impact and participation. Plus, you’ll show up on the STEM Week Oregon map – be eligible for prize giveways!
- Looking for STEM activity ideas? Check out the toolkit.
- Share engaging, hands-on STEM activities that others can use – STEM Oregon will add it to their toolkit and your school or program will be highlighted.
- Create a volunteer profile on Oregon Connections to connect to volunteer opportunities in your community during or after STEM Week Oregon
- Get Social! Use the hashtag #STEMWeekOregon and tell STEM Oregon how you plan to celebrate. They’ll repost on the STEMOregon website and social feeds. Pictures and videos are encouraged!
- Post the STEM Week Oregon logo on your blog or website to let others know you’re participating.