Week 8 Blog Assignment

I personally been in a situation that I was more motivated because I was doing a full-time employee’s job when I was a seasonal worker. At the same time, I started to get negative behaviors towards the end due to me not getting paid the same but doing more work than a full-time employee, which lead me to quitting.

The reason why I was getting these behaviors is because first I felt important and proud to earn my spot but then I started to get used. I do believe compensation was the reason why I was behaving the way I was. For example, I didn’t mind that I wasn’t getting paid or rewarded but at the end of my job was the switch. If I was getting paid a little more, I would’ve been extremely happy doing a full-time employee’s job, but that never happened, and I start to get frustrated.

Now of days I think compensation plays a huge role for people’s motivation and accepting/declining a job. I think compensation plays with the motivation behavior because I think it’s starting to become common knowing how much someone is worth. For example, if someone has years of experience, they know they can accept more money than a starting wage. Compensation is a huge factor for motivation but also living (the United States cost of living is expensive). I think if an individual is happy with the pay and their living situation then I believe they would be even more motivated.