CS 461 Blog 3

This is my third post for CS461.

I have made two versions of the React UI for my team’s Cross-Platform Personal Trainer App.

There are four people on my team. We created 12 functional areas. We each have three functional areas.

My functional areas from our Design Document and my new diagram for my functional areas.

Diagram of Functional areas.

My first version has a login, survey, and some pages.

The survey has 10 questions that were just made up randomly. There was no way to get out of the survey. I fixed this on Version 2. I wanted to create the basic pages that would show what my functional areas would do. The login is not my area, but kept it in because I had the component for it when I have used React in the past. Version 2 would add a home page and more pages. I am still trying out ideas.

I added a Homepage that my entire team could add to if they want. I was still uncertain when the user should be able to edit the exercises and food lists that go into the algorithm. Any updates to the exercise and food list should make the algorithm update the workout and nutrition programs. I started thinking of all the scenarios, so I just have to go one step at a time. I plan on connecting to node and the db soon. I am also working on a different design for a home page.

November 30, 2023

I am working on another React UI. I connected it to MySQL. I wanted to be able to work with PhpMyAdmin besides MySQL workbench. I installed MySql Workbench and the MySQL server is on port 3306. I downloaded XAMPP. I tried to connect to the server by starting Apache and MySQL in XAMPP UI. It kept saying that port 3306 was blocked. I finally figured out that since the MySQL server was already on Port 3306, I only had to start the Apache in XAMPP. I followed these instructions to access my simple databases:

To start phpmyadmin:
start xampp
start apache
mysql won’t start, leave it alone
type http://localhost/phpmyadmin in browser.

I should have my third version of React UI soon. This time I will have this version connected to the server and database for simple functionality.