This is a test of a post
An update has been released on Thursday, March 1st, 2018. The following updates have been applied:
New Plugins Added
- Akismit 4.0.3
- Added a scheduled task to remove entries in wp_commentmeta that no longer have corresponding comments in wp_comments.
- Added a new
akismet_batch_delete_countaction to the batch delete methods for people who’d like to keep track of the numbers of records being processed by those methods.
- Disqus 3.0.13
- Fixed warning that stated “cannot access private method Disqus_Rest_Api::dsq_get_settings_schema()”
- A few small copy changes in plugin’s admin UI
- Simple Calendar 3.1.14
- Fix: Issue where navigation to next month would be disabled when multi-day events extended to future months.
- Yoast SEO 6.3.1
chunkfile was loaded, causing a console error. This only affected users using a locale different than
An update has been released on Wednesday, February 14th, 2018. The following updates have been applied:
New Plugins Added
- Z URL Preview
- This plugin fetches an excerpt of an external website link. The excerpt contains the title, description and image.
- Aesop Story Engine 184.108.40.206
- FIX Updated leaflet.js.
- Disqus comment system 3.0.12
- Disabled browser autocomplete for site configuration form
- Implemented a dsq_can_load filter for custom control of when Disqus loads
- Improved UX on updating the site configuration manually
- Fixed an issue causing a site crash with PHP version 5.2
- Added additional information to support diagnostics
- Lowered minimum-supported version of PHP to 5.4
- Fixed a syntax issue in PHP version 5.3
- Added a check to deactivate plugin if PHP version is earlier than the minimum-supported version 5.6.
- Fixed a bug that prevented automatic installation when upgrading from version 2.86 or earlier.
- Plugin has been completely rewritten to support modern and secure WordPress features.
- Added new Automatic Installation for installing Disqus on your site. This also creates the API application required for enabling comment syncing.
- Completely redesigned plugin settings page. Disqus replaces the Comments menu link in your WordPress admin and includes shortcut links to popular settings.
- Simple Calendar
- Fix: Issue where calendar event pop-ups would display without content.
- Jetpack 5.8
- User Role Editor 4.40
- Update: use wp_roles() function from WordPress API instead of initializing $wp_roles global variable directly.
- Fix: Bug was introduced by version 4.37 with users recalculation for “All” tab after excluding users with “administrator” role. Code worked incorrectly for Japanese locale.
- Yoast SEO 6.3
- Reverts the shortlink in the HTML comment back to the hard link it was before.
- Fixes a bug where the Local SEO for WooCommerce extension was not shown on the licenses page.
- Fixes a bug where the `current_user_can()` function was not called with the post ID as argument.
- Fixes a bug where the auto-generated meta descriptions were not using the new 320 characters limitation.
- Fixes a bug where specific external links were not filtered from the post_type sitemap.
- Fixes a bug where trashed posts were displayed in the bulk editor overview.
- Fixes a bug where old meta values were not deleted during import.
- Fixes a bug where only 10 posts when executing meta robots import from wpSEO.de.
- Clears the sitemap cache when the Site URL is changed.
- Adds an importer for the SEO Ultimate plugin SEO data.
- Adds an importer for the SEOpressor plugin SEO data.
- Adds links to explanatory articles on the features tab.
- Adds additional explanation for entries on the features tab.
- Improves Open Graph copy for Facebook and Twitter in the Social settings to better explain what it does.
- Improves Content Analysis and Publish box copy for better translations.
- Applies design changes to the Help Center support tab for Premium.
- Removes “meta keywords” from the plugin as this has had no search result value for at least 7 years.
- Removes the “noindex subpages” feature as Google has gotten much better at paginated series, and it’s now actually detrimental to use.
- Removes the “Other” tab from the Titles & Metas settings screen, as all options have been moved or removed.
- Security hardening.
- Mailchimp for WP 4.1.15
- Dropdown fields with special characters were not properly passed to MailChimp.
- Interest groups with an all-numeric ID were not properly passed to MailChimp.
- Various minor code optimizations
- Do not redirect when showing “already subscribed” warning.
- Improved scroll to form handling after a form is submitted without AJAX.
- Pretty link 2.1.4
- Fixed IP conflict with Flywheel
- Fixed wp_redirect race condition
A minor security update to WordPress Core has been release on OSU Blogs. For more information check the release notes.
Blogs have been updated to WordPress 4.9 “Tipton”
New Core enhancements:
- Customizer Workflow Improved
- Coding Enhancements
- Site Building Improvements
New Core Plugins:
- The New Gallery Widget
- Press a Button, Add Media
Contrib Plugins have been updated as well.