Welcome! This is the blog website for BI 319: Theory, Practice and Discourse in the Life Sciences at Oregon State University.
This website features one of the major writing projects completed by BI 319 students — the “Informational Artifact” project.
This project required students to design either: (1) an exhibition label for a display/animal/object in an aquarium/zoo/museum that can facilitate outreach or (2) an informational pamphlet that can be used to improve knowledge levels and/or change people’s attitudes on a topic relevant to the life sciences or health.
Importantly, all artifacts have been be anonymized so that students’ rights to privacy are protected.
Please enjoy the creations of our BI 319 students!
Feel free to leave a comment!
- This Bat Makes Tequila
- Whale Shark_Endangered Gentle Giant
- How You Can Save The Florida Panther
- The Pygmy Sloth_Bradypus pygmaeus
- Black Rhinoceros on the Brink of Extinction
- Reticulated Giraffe
- Toco Toucans_Seed Superheroes
- Smooth Green Snake
- Peacock Mantis Shrimp
- Siberian Tiger
- Caribbean Reef Octopus
- Spotted Opah_A Warm Blooded Fish
- All About Sea Otters
- One of the Worlds Largest Cranes
- Saved From Extinction_The Przewalskis Horse
- Leatherback Sea Turtles_The Oceans Giant Nomad