Writing Exercise #11

I have done peer reviews of other peoples papers before but having it more structured and including questions to be filled out was new for me. I thought it was interesting to read the different papers and to see how other people approached the paper. I have never been a big fan of peer reviewing […]

May 25, 2019

I have done peer reviews of other peoples papers before but having it more structured and including questions to be filled out was new for me. I thought it was interesting to read the different papers and to see how other people approached the paper. I have never been a big fan of peer reviewing other peoples paper because I do not want to come off as being too harsh and feel that sometimes I may come across as too harsh in my peer reviews. I did think that it provided me insight into what I can do to improve my paper. I noticed that some of the papers I had read had better organization of their paragraphs and information that my essay could utilize to get information across better. I also thought that in reading other peoples that I noticed in different essays where information gets lost and would be better placed elsewhere in the paper. I noticed that the ones I peer reviewed had the thesis at the end as did mine and it may be beneficial to put it in the beginning so people know what the essay will talk about and the main point of the paper before they get too far into the essay. I think that the other essays showed me that I should look at paragraph placement and find a better way to include the information to give it more of a punch. I think in reading the other essays that I could benefit from using less filler words and make the essay more to the point.

CATEGORIES: Uncategorized