Writing Exercise #8

Free Write 1: Something that I want to learn about pertaining to microbes and human health is more about dysbiosis and its effects. I would also like to have a deeper understanding of how dysbiosis is combated, given that it can affect the entire body. Something that I have found really fascinating in this class is how many times I will find things that also pertain to what I do for work. Working in a toxicology lab, I expected that there would be a fair amount of crossover when thinking about biological functions. However, it is still exciting to see treatments and research tools that I use in work in our research papers.

Free Write 2: A deeper understanding of how dysbiosis is combated. That is a hard thing to write about, given how little I feel I know. I know that there is a wide variety of issues and complications that dysbiosis can cause, such as exacerbating symptoms or making treatments more effective. I would like to learn more about dysbiosis, whether it is from research or literary analysis.

Reflection: To begin preparing for my final paper, I will start looking for articles about specific microbes and if they cause dysbiosis.