Week 10!!!

I think working for the labor union is honestly a personally preference. I think there are pro and cons to any job and that included labor unions. I know my guy friend loves working in the labor union because he gets paid great and has he says “he gets a free gym membership.” Or in other words he’s always doing hard work. I think for me personally I wouldn’t want to because I like the desk job boss environment. However, I would like to be outside or active more but that’s what spare time is for. Some of the pros I research about unions is that they are :economic trend setters and promote higher wages and better benefits.” I think a big con for me that I noticed is that unions don’t promote individuality. I love being able to express myself and share my thoughts and ideas. But this is very difficult to do in union jobs. One thing that I thought was surprising is that union jobs “make it hard to promote and terminate employees.” This would make me very upset, because I think skill level is above all else and union jobs usually always promote seniority. Again I think it’s a personally preference and I think there are pros and cons and I personally couldn’t do it in general. Thank for great term! Happy Holidays!

Stevenson, M. (2022, November 28). Pros and cons of Labor Unions. HR Exchange Network. Retrieved December 2, 2022, from https://www.hrexchangenetwork.com/hr-compensation-benefits/articles/pros-and-cons-of-labor-unions