Researching with Librarians

I was doing some research on Yueh-Lin Loo and has some trouble finding information on nanotransfer printing because it is still a somewhat new form of technology. To find more information on it I contacted the librarian to see if I could find information that went into further depth about this technique: how it was invented, what kind of technology is used, and what kind of benefits are gained from this method. What was most difficult was coming down to these three sort of questions while interacting with the librarian because I knew I wanted to learn more about it but did not know enough to have good questions. The librarian was very helpful with that by pointing me towards background information and well as current information about this technique. What did not help was not understanding what kind of information I wanted to know. Since the technology was still relatively new it was hard finding enough information to formulate specific questions.

The OSU libraries database was the most helpful initial source for information because most of the resources were not up to date about nanotransfer printing while OSU was and had information about it which helped me the most by providing some initial background information from which I could then expand from.