Hello world!

Laptop displaying the words "Hello World"

Since this is my first post, here is a little bit about me! I’m a 30 year old male living in Minnesota. I have a beautiful wife and an amazing 6 week old baby boy. In my free time I enjoy reading, rock climbing, and cooking!

I’ve also really gotten into CTFs lately. These are cybersecurity challenges where you’re tasked with exploiting security vulnerabilities to find a “flag” hidden in a website, program, image, etc. There are many websites where you can learn how to get started with CTFs and there are also tournaments almost every weekend where you can form a team and compete to find the most flags over a period of a few days.

After dabbling with the CTFs and following some cybersecurity professionals’ social media accounts I’ve discovered I want to pursue a career in penetration testing/ethical hacking! I’ve absolutely loved the feeling of FINALLY getting that buffer overflow attack to correctly overwrite a return address and output the flag I was looking for. It feels like solving complicated puzzle, and it is a RUSH!

Anyhow, feel free to follow me on my journey through the Capstone course!

One response to “Hello world!”