Stress

1

New Learnings

I confirmed that this time over the past few months, I’ve been under the most stress I’ve experienced in a long time. I need to take more action instead of coping. I can definitely agree with this, sometimes I tend to just go with the flow instead of trying to make it better for myself. I always like to go out of my way to make things better for others or lend a listening ear. When it comes to my own stressors or situations, I tend to just let it rise.

2

Results/Next Steps

The biggest steps that I personally can do for myself would be seeking expertise advice. Putting my mental health as a priority in times that are overwhelming. I feel that I don’t get angry, but instead get that feeling of heavy weights on my shoulders stacking up. I was shocked to see that it gave me the results of my interactions being warm and have tolerance there are times that have impatience and hostility. I feel this stems with how overwhelmed I’ve felt over the last couple months. Typically I feel very at ease and can handle all conversations or situations.

3

Future career stress

Healthcare workers are typically susceptible to mental health problems (Healthcare Workers: Work Stress & Mental Health 2016). Even prior to the pandemic there was a big amount of stressors that existed (Healthcare Workers: Work Stress & Mental Health 2016). Many times healthcare workers place the wellbeing of others in front of themselves which can be harming to their own wellbeing (Healthcare Workers: Work Stress & Mental Health 2016). Recognition and acknowledgement towards mental health while taking steps to own it is needed for personal growth and success. With learning how stressful this career path could potentially be, I want to find outlets that work for me and have them become apart of my daily routine.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016, June 30). Healthcare Workers: Work Stress & Mental Health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved November 25, 2022, from https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/healthcare/workstress.html