Blog Post #1

Graduation is upon me as this is my last quarter! Currently taking 467 and 381. Looks like 381 is going to take some extra work, but the topics involved is really interesting and I can see it being really useful in my development and career in Tech.

Coming into this course, I thought I wanted to take it easy and do the minimum work for an A as I had just accepted a job offer that I start after I graduate. However, I came across a project that stuck out to me. The “Custom Scripts Containerization…” project to be exact. It is one of the sponsored projects and the application itself is meant to help those working in a research lab by creating a workflow that allows them to save and access brain activity data. If chosen for this project, I can see myself putting nothing less than my 100% effort as this project can potentially be put to use in the future. Whether or not I succeed or fail horribly, I can see this being a great challenge and learning opportunity which I’m all for.

My degree 1.0 was a BS in Biological Sciences. I worked in the lab as a biochemist in production and research for a number of years. At the tail end of that career, I was about to head off to PT school to earn my doctorate’s in physical therapy before switching to earning my degree 2.0 in Computer science so that I may enter the Tech Industry.

I am so glad I did! I’ve always been interested in computers since I was a kid whether it was building my own computers or fooling around with scripts/files, etc. before I even knew what it was I was doing. l was fortunate enough to come across this program and feel that I have made the correct decision!