Introduction

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my new blog! Here, I’ll be mainly sharing insights of Oregon State University’s Senior Capstone Project. In addition, I may include details of various projects I’ve had the opportunity to work on and some coding tips+tricks.

But first, here is some more background about myself:

Early on

At about 10 years old, I started learning the basics of programming. My dad, being a development manager at the time, introduced me to HTML, CSS, and SQL. I quickly became fascinated and continued to learn for my own enjoyment. At that time, it was obvious that I wanted to study Computer Science in college and become a developer more than any other career path.

the present

Fast-forward to today, I think my younger self would be happy to know I kept on the same path. Now, I’m starting my Senior year of college at Oregon State while working as a QA Automation Engineer at CorVel Corporation. As a part of the automation team, I’m responsible for helping maintain and design automated scripts that test the company’s in-house web applications. Our team’s goal is to catch tricky bugs before they reach Production and help the manual testing team increase efficiency. This is accomplished by running multiple regression test suites every day (more than 800 scripts in total!), investigating script failures, and communicating possible bugs with manual testers and development teams.

For the past 6 years, I’ve been the sole developer of the company website for Forward Focused LLC. While the company was in its early stages, I collaborated with the founder on the logo designs, and site structure/contents. Over the years, I’ve continually administered updates/features as the company evolved. I’m thrilled that I already get to code professionally, and am excited for the next steps in my career after graduating from OSU.

project interests

My favorite areas to work with are front-end, mobile, and full stack development. However, I’m very interested in learning new areas, such as Machine Learning, Game Development (I do have 3D modelling/animation experience, though), and AI. Also, I’m drawn to projects that will make a positive impact to a large number of users, especially the industry projects. Ultimately, it would be great to complete a project that is large-scale and would be a valuable addition to my resume.

To see my skillset/work experience in more detail, feel free to view my LinkedIn page.

Personal life

When I’m not coding something at work or for my classes, I’m usually traveling, playing piano, drawing, building with LEGO, and spending time with my family and my cat, Koda.

Summary

If you made it this far, congratulations and thanks for reading! I’m looking forward to documenting my CS journey on here and learning with you all in these three capstone courses. I hope you found my background information to be interesting and maybe a bit relatable, as well.

,

One response to “Introduction”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.