Week 4: Critiquing a Recruitment Ad 

When tasked with thinking about what my personal brand is, I think about my values and the experiences that I have accumulated to form the person that I am now. These characteristics form my personality as well as what I would offer to potential employers. My brand as a potential employee includes my strengths, which include being task oriented, organized, a good listener and a critical thinker. In comparison to my strengths, my weaknesses would be include being hesitant to delegate tasks as well as being too much of a perfectionist. These are my weaknesses, and traits that I am working towards improving.

With my personal brand established, I would utilize my strengths of being task oriented and organized to be efficient in my work, which leads to good time management and effective with the time that I am given to accomplish multiple projects at the same time. As for being a good listener, I can present myself as being a team player and having the ability to mitigate and smooth over any issues that arise in the team. This is a beneficial trait for any organization, as there are bound to be problems in projects. Lastly, I have critical thinking skills that I could present to a potential employer. I believe that critical thinking skills are one of the most crucial skills that employers desire to see in their employees. This is due to the fast paced environment at the company, and challenges will arise for difficult projects. In order to rise out of those challenges will be those who can think and make their way out of the issues. Managers will want those on their team who can solve problems and help progress the team along, making it an easier job for them as well. I would bring up those strengths if I were in a situation that I needed to present myself in a positive light.

One response to “Week 4: Critiquing a Recruitment Ad ”

1. Luke McHugh Avatar
    Luke McHugh

Hey Ashley, with what you mentioned above I’d like to think that even your weaknesses can be strengths. In leadership, we learned about different styles of leadership, and searching to be perfect is just another form. You’d like to know all the things and put out the best product you can, but this also means that you’re thinking about all the things, all the time. This means you’ll take other employees into consideration, and you’ll allow fewer errors in your work which provides peace of mind for people who depend on you.