Week 7 Blog Post

Step 3: Share the results of your test in a short paragraph (100-300 words) summarizing what the test results say about you on each of the five dimensions of personality.

The results of my test were that I am similar to a woman who is 60 years of age. In the extraversion category, I score the highest in excitement seeking. This was not surprising for me because I am always one who seeks new exciting opportunities. I disagree with most of my scores for agreeableness when it comes to cooperation and sympathy. I got low scores there and I do not believe that I lack in these categories as much as this test made it seem. As for the other categories, nothing was that surprising for me.

Step 4: Summarize (200-300 words) what a potential employer looking at these results might say are your strengths and weakness as a potential employee.

I think a potential employer would see both the positives and some negatives from my results based on this test. Before expanding my thoughts, I think it is important to remember that these tests do not determine who I am as a person and they are not always extremely accurate. Some of my weaknesses may include that I am can be quick to anger or anxiety if things are not going my way. I believe that these traits come out when I am placed into situations that are unfamiliar or difficult for me. These traits may also come out due to experiences that I dealt with during my childhood (I do not wish to expand on these at this time). As for my positive traits, I am always someone who is willing to try new things as long as they are thoughtfully brought about. Also, I am adventurous which may be good in the workplace when it comes to trying new ideas or taking risks that other coworkers may not want to try. Overall, I believe that this test was interesting for me to do because I had the opportunity to see what the results were and compare them to how I believe I am as a person.