Designing 2FA Component

My team and I continued working on our Secure Password Manager project and divided into sections to proceed with implementing our ideas. I am responsible for developing a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) feature for the application.

Now that we have planned out our project’s design and functionality, it’s time to begin implementing the Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) algorithm. This feature stands at the core of our 2FA system, providing an additional layer of security by sending a six-digit code to the user’s email.

I anticipate some difficulty managing time discrepancies so will begin working on this part of the 2FA component ahead of time. We’ve encountered/navigated some detours already, such as overly ambitious ideas that needed reevaluation to align with our project goals.

So far I’ve really enjoyed this class and feel it’s been a good experience working with a team long-term. I’m excited for the next phase of our project though it will be the most difficult thus far since we’re actually developing an initial version.