Angling for Angular

Discuss your biggest success during the course. What was your breakthrough, and why did it matter? What did you learn, about the technology, and also about yourself?

Creating an application from scratch with multiple developers using an unfamiliar tech stack has presented its challenges. We’ve definitely encountered a number of learning curves in our project, from mastering new tech to learning how to work together on our code repository in an effective way.

By far I think the biggest challenge we’ve encountered is learning Angular for our project. It’s been completely new to all of us, and has definitely had it’s learning curves. Angular is a component based front end framework, that has its own routing. The first challenge I encountered was learning how to fully create a component and then integrate it into the application. There are a lot more files associated with a component than I am used to so I had to learn what each does. Then I had to learn how to incorporate components into views, and how to direct page routing.

It was a bit nerve wracking feeling like I didn’t know what I was doing, but through tutorials, documentation, and trial and error I was able to learn so much. It really showed me that if I put my head down and try to learn something I can push through and do it.