The final countdown to graduation!

Hi everyone!

Ali here again. I’ve got a lot to share about my thoughts about this course and also my experience with Oregon State University too! The course load has been great – my teammates are highly collaborative & able to communicate clearly and concisely. We met a handful of times weekly so that we didn’t have to really worry about being confused or lacking connection with each other. I think that made it easy to get a good organizational perspective of the project and having a good sense of direction and vision for the project plan. I think the industry project is really rewarding in the sense that it helps people by providing mental health resources and awareness to people. This could be an incredibly powerful opportunity to reach people who do not have access to certain resources. This is good for marginalized communities and for underrepresented communities. I think this is especially important because these communities can have a deep rooted taboo against mental health support.

The technology that I liked the most and was my favorite so far has been TypeScript & React! The project was used in the Node.js environment for creating a dynamic and responsive website that offers components and modularized segments to allow for the dependable, congruent, and boilerplate elements to add and maintain. I think that React also allows for a lot of flexibility and makes for great design user interfaces. I think that the easy user access and ability for users to navigate with strong accessibility guidelines makes React really wonderful to use, especially when interacting with people who are very visual-oriented and may want easier-to-use interfaces. I think the thing that could be improved is learning how to do a strong sense of routing & implementing security features as well to protect user privacy and authorization. I think it’s also imperative that our team continues to try and figure out how to deploy our React application and implement the cloud infrastructure and architecture in a sustainable way that can maintained and utilized by the project mentor appropriately.

As we continue to work together in a really Agile / Scrum methodology, we’re trying to focus really strongly on using React/TypeScript to integrate accessibility guidelines to support those who were may need additional disability accommodations. As we get closer to the deadlines, we’re going to start discussing more of these design principles and try to figure out great ways to continue to build mental health services and strong user experience using this React/TypeScript platform.

Sincerely,

Ali Alameedi