Welcome to my CS467 Blog! if (new) print(“welcome”);!!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Ali Alameedi and I am a career changer that moved from non-profit international relief work into software engineering after realizing I loved physics & math! My brain is pretty logic-oriented and I like step-by-step pathways and ways of thinking, so I feel the logic that coding provides is pretty tandem with how my brain operates and thinks! I’ll answer the provided questions below so you can get to know more about me! Again, welcome!!

What got you started with computers or software?

• The thing that really kicked off my transition into software was realizing how much I missed physics & the logic oriented portion of STEM! I was working a lot with people and as much as I respect and honor doing service work, I wanted to do something that also intellectually stimulated me to keep me on my toes. Software also introduced an element of flare and excitement to my natural tendency to learn altogether.

Current job or internship?

• I actually just got done with a software engineering internship at a mobile gaming company that had a contract game with Disney, which was so exciting! I had a blast and learned so much. Currently, I work as a non-profit area manager for an international relief organization doing advocacy, promoting, and stewarding work to raise funds and awareness about international relief issues!

My future career?

• I am hoping to graduate after this quarter (finishing off my last two classes)! Once I finish, my hope is to join a tech company doing software engineering work and learning and building on my foundations as a developer. Once I garner more experience, I would love to get my feet wet looking at software that does meaningful work in climate change / agriculture / clean energy and the like, because that’s something I am incredibly passionate and excited about. Once I gain strong experience as a developer, I would love to go into leadership roles so I can mentor and help other developers.

Favorite technologies?

• I am a huge fan of C#, Java, and React. I enjoy working in the Git environment and have recently been a fan of the Microsoft ecosystem – Visual Studio, C#, .NET, and the works. These systems coupled with Amazon Web Services (AWS) can be quite potent and also regular across job opportunities I see in the field. JavaScript & React are fun because you can use JavaScript for front & backend operations, which is interesting for a language to be able to do.

New technologies?

• I am incredibly interested in finding out more about robotics & artificial intelligence. Robotics has always been a keen interest of mine and I would love to see how the world of software and robotics intertwined could impact places like the agricultural industry or even the space industry.

Current interests?

• My personal interests and hobbies outside of work include volleyball, basketball, board games, reading, drawing, and spending quality time with my loved ones. I love being out and about and with the nice weather, I was able to go hiking in the beautiful scenery down in Seattle (Washington)!

Kids, pets, hobbies, sports, games, and activities?

• I do not currently have pets, but I am in love with cats and am hoping to actually foster a set of cats tomorrow! I am trying to see where I’ll land in terms of a career job once I graduate before I commit to getting cats! I am huge on exploring the world and trying new things, including things like horseback riding, fishing, and the works! I’ve had a blast just trying new things and putting myself out there! I don’t have kids, but I do have 3 younger brothers that I love deeply and try to mentor and support as best as I can.

Thank you all so much for reading and for connecting – I hope I can get some feedback from some of you as I unravel my journey through the course with you all!

Best,

Ali