Work-Life Balance

The time between when I wrote my first blog post two weeks ago and this one was probably the most difficult time of my academic career at Oregon State University. I can’t say that it was difficult because my personal life was going through trying times. On the contrary, this past week was amazing. I visited the East Coast with my girlfriend to celebrate my cousin’s wedding and visit New York for the first time. What made this time so difficult was managing my school work with this week long vacation and having so many days away from working on assignments during an incredibly busy period of the quarter. Besides working on my Capstone Project, I am also taking Cloud Application Development (CS493). I was not anticipating this class to take up so much of my time and energy when I signed up for it, and as a result, I had to spend many hours during my vacation working and hoping that I would be able to finish my assignments for both CS493 and Capstone Project before the deadline. It has been incredibly stressful managing everything, but I was able to pull through on every assignment so far. Thankfully my group for Capstone Project has been understanding of everyone’s personal lives and were able to work fairly independently so far during my week long vacation. The timing worked out quite well for my vacation, actually, since the actual brunt of integrating everyone’s individual pieces for the project starts with this upcoming week of work and onwards. I look back at these past two weeks and I am proud that I was able to complete everything that I needed to accomplish in terms of schoolwork while also having an amazing vacation in the East Coast with my loved ones. I look forward to the upcoming weeks and am confident that I will be able to report back on my next blog post with satisfactory progress in my development for both CS493 and this Capstone Project.