Writing exercise #6: Describe your personal philosophy about how and when you have taken, or would take, antibiotics. What experiences or prior knowledge do you have that shaped that personal philosophy?

In my life, I have taken plenty of antibiotics to combat bacterial growth. In my personal opinion, I believe that having antibiotics is necessary for combating that bacterium that the body simply does not need. For example, the last time I needed an antibiotic was when I got a sore throat around two years ago. During these times, I only knew that taking antibiotics helped combat the sore throat and that was how I thought about everything that resulted in me needing antibiotics. Knowing what I know now about antibiotics, I know not to rely solely on antibiotics as many bacteria do create bacterial resistance against them. If it was not necessary then I would not take the antibiotic prescribed as it may make the bacteria already living in my body to be more resistant to the future antibiotics.