The SWOT of 467

So far in this course I would say that my biggest success in this course is becoming more experienced with a shared project, learning to merge, work in parallel, and share ideas with the other group members. A big breakthrough that I had was that it’s extremely valuable to split processes for the programming into smaller sprints. The planning for completion in the terms time is a huge thing that I now understand the importance of. As for what I learned about the technology isn’t much as its a full stack React app and I already knew JS and React, but I was able to learn about how I work with others on a project of this scale. So I learned about myself.

As for the SWOT review of this course on it’s own goes as follows:

• Strengths: The strengths of this course were the independence that it instill you and your group with. It allows to pick your own group, project, technologies, and schedules. These are great skills to have and grow!
  • Weaknesses: I can see a big weakness of this course to be the experience potentially. If you are in a poor performing group with minimal communication then your experience may be very bad.
  • Opportunities: This course could grow from having the ‘challenges’ like trying to use certain tech stacks, or having a different model that frames the projects in a new light to ensure you have to learn technologies that are new to you.
  • Threats: Similar to weaknesses the potential of having ghosting teammates could ruin your overall learning and threaten the course success.