Rafael Cruz – The ChatGPGit Incident

This project is pretty cool to work on!

It’s interesting to see the things the AI does well and what it does horribly wrong. It seems very well trained on flask API and on the alpaca api as well, which is really interesting and useful.

What does seem to be a bit off is it’s devops knowledge and its knowledge. Today, I uploaded a .py file to gpt and it read the file and generated an updated version with the requests I made using python to run code that made that change. I found that really amazing. Then, having made a mistake in my git repos, I asked it for advice on how to fix it… this advice led to me loosing the entirety of my progress thus far. I had a backup, so I found this rather hilarious, but imagine if I hadn’t made the backup.

I was able to finish setting up the initial version of the alpaca microservice today, and set up postman tests for it and a markdown readme as well. Next I’m thinking I’ll look into setting up either another microservice, some API calls for other areas of our project, or maybe an account status page for the front-end? Depends on what everyone wants to do this week I guess.