Blog Post #1

I feel these are always a little hard to get started…maybe we should start with a little bit of background.

My name is Jeremy Bullis, and I am currently a senior in the post-bacc computer science program here at OSU. After this term I will be 2 classes shy of graduating and am very much looking forward to being done. Although the tech industry is a little sideways right now, my hope is with all the projects and skills this program has provided me, that we won’t struggle too much to land a new job in an exciting new field.

My first bachelor degree came from the University of Oregon and was in applied physics. My emphasis was in astronomy but they didn’t have a major for that. I have always been fascinated with the stars but found that the career field just never panned out. While my passion there still exists, and maybe I find myself back in that line of work one day! But right now I am looking to the future and roles to help get my career back on track for both me and my family.

My wife and I have also recently welcomed a new baby girl into the world so I have been very caught up with what it means to be her dad and trying to find the time to get some sleep. Providing for them is helping to push me across the finish line. Anyway, looking forward to all the teams projects, and everything this class has to offer. Here’s to a great term!