Since we are on the topic of viral diseases, I thought I’d share a few recent publications about viral diseases in ornamental fish and a few associated with food fish. These are excellent publications that are not too technical but provide a nice overview of the current state of our knowledge regarding the biology and management of these diseases.
- Herpesviruses in Fish, Dr. Any Goodwin
- Megalocytivirus infections in fish, with emphasis on ornamental species, Drs. Roy Yanong and Thomas Waltzek – this is a group if emerging viruses that may have the potential to have a significant impact on the ornamental industry.
- Viral Nervous Necrosis Virus (Betanodavirus) Infections in Fish, Dr. Roy Yanong
Below are two background publications about the basics of fish viral diseases and the potential role of vaccination as part of an overall biosecurity program.
- Introduction to viral diseases of fish, RuthEllen Klinger and Dr. Ruth Francis-Floyd
- Use of Vaccination in Finfish Aquaculture, Dr. Roy Yanong