Personality Test Results and Reaction

The results of my personality test revealed that I scored highly in extraversion with a score of 82, and low in neuroticism with a score of 21. The highest scores in the extraversion section came from my friendliness (82), excitement-seeking (82), and cheerfulness (96). The lowest scores in my neuroticism section were from anger (20), depression (22), and immoderation (12). My scores for agreeableness varied from a range of 69 in altruism, to a 26 in modesty. My total score for agreeableness was a 43. For the consciousness section, I scored a total of 72, with my highest category being self discipline (86) and my lowest being self-efficacy (29). For my final section of the big five personality traits, I scored a 51 in openness to experience. My lowest score in that section was adventourness (29), and my highest was emotionality (91). 

A potential employer may see these results and find a few different strengths and weaknesses. One strength that stands out is my score in extraversion, particularly cheerfulness. Having a positive attitude and being a cheerful person has helped me be a happier person who brings positive energy to my environment. As an employee, this is a valuable strength that can help bring the best out in other employees alongside myself.  Another strength an employer may note is my self-discipline. Having scored highly here, I am someone who can buckle down and get my work done when I need to. I try not to get distracted easily and I value having discipline in my actions. As a new employee, having self-discipline is important in order to build a good reputation among colleagues. The first big weakness a employer might notice is my low score in self-efficacy. Before taking this test, I would have thought I’d score highly here, but I guess not. I do have an innate sense that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to, but I also understand that the rest of the world has a huge influence on your life whether you want it or not. The other weakness a potential employer might note is my score in adventurousness, which was a 29. Overall, I thought my scores boasted more strengths than weaknesses, and I enjoyed reviewing the results of the test.

3 replies on “Personality Test Results and Reaction”

I feel the same with you that I am extraversion and cheerful to help myself bringing joyfulness to the team. I think it is a good attitude to benefit a company and this may be the main point for an employer to hire you. Great post!

Hi Benjamin,
I agree that this test showed you to be a strong employee more than a bad one. I think you did a good job explaining why an employer would see you as a strong candidate while also saying why you might be weak in some places. I also think it’s interesting that your self-efficacy score was lower than you thought it would be, it may just be the mood you were in when you took the test. Thanks for sharing!

HI Benjamin!

I think it is interesting that you were surprised by some of your results like self-efficacy. I had a similar experience with a couple of categories on mine as well. Although these tests aren’t perfect it is interesting to see an overall picture! I also agree with you completely that scoring high in self-discipline would make you a very valuable employee. Great post, thanks for sharing!