The Pre-Therapy and Allied Health (PTAH) Club supports students that are interested in the allied health fields, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, nursing, physician assistant studies and medical school. This club is here to provide students with the opportunity to advance their knowledge in a field of interest, connect with other students, provide volunteer and job opportunities, and raise awareness for individuals with disabilities through fundraising events.
Reasons to Become a Member
To make friends with students who have similar college career paths
- Form study groups with members who are taking the same classes
- Learn and gain perspective from the older members of the club
- Create friendships that will last throughout your college career!
To learn more about a particular career path
- Guest speaker presentations from local professionals
- Visit local clinics and observe demonstrations
- Opportunities for various volunteer and job shadowing positions
- Social gatherings with professors within PHHS college
- Meet alumni who are now professionals within their field
- Boost resume
To introduce research within the College of Public Health & Human Sciences
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Meet the professors who are currently doing research at OSU
- Introduction presentations to research and common questions asked
To prepare for graduate school
- Graduate School Seminars where you can research which career or graduate school is right for you
- Graduate school orientations where you can ask specific/general questions about the application process etc.
- Opportunities for clinical observation hours and volunteer hours needed for certain programs
- Visit Pacific University to learn more about Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy school
- Participate in Mock Interviews with direct feedback from Professionals and Professors
To participate in our awesome Wheel-A-Thon fundraiser!
- Wheelchair obstacle course that raises awareness for individuals with disabilities