Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

Step 2: Create a blog entry in which you (a) summarize what is your brand as a potential employee (100-150 words) and (b) describe how you would present yourself in a novel and creative situation wanted ad if necessary (200-250 words)?

I believe that I present as someone who is youthful and probably inexperienced. However, I think that if the employers have seen my resume before seeing me, they are almost surprised by my past experiences and skills. I would also like to believe that employers see me as positive and energetic. My strengths include optimism, determination, honesty, responsibility, and I’m quite logical. Some things that I’m currently working on are my confidence and patience. I would say that my most unique ability is my ambition. However something that makes me different is that I am incredibly interested in the preservation of the environment, but I am majoring in business management, which typically don’t go hand in hand.

Junior at Oregon State University looking for a job in project management within a company that is sustainably focused or environmentally driven. Majored in business management with a minor in sustainability with a graduation date of June 2021. Interned through the MECOP program with ODOT Summer to Fall of 2020, and planning on doing another internship Summer to Fall of 2021. Previous experience includes Administrative Assistant for UC Davis Center for Immunology and Infectious Disease; Operations Assistant, Special Event Manager and Setup Coordinator for the Memorial Union at Oregon State University. Open to job/internship experience from companies in Oregon, California, and Washington. Available for phone, facetime, or in person interviews (of course, after the pandemic). My strengths include optimism, determination, honesty, responsibility, and I’m quite logical. Some things that I’m currently working on are my confidence and patience. I would say that my most unique ability is my ambition. Some fun facts include that I am Scuba Certified and that I have a Black Belt in Kuk Sool Won. In my free time I enjoy being with my friends and family, cooking, reading, hiking, and Netflix watching. I look forward to talking with any interested companies, and am excited to learn.