There are four different Plugins that, by default, come with the email@example.com WordPress installation:
- Popularity Contest: enables ranking of your posts by popularity, using the behavior of your visitors to determine each post’s popularity
- Sociable: automatically adds links on your posts, pages, and RSS feed to your favorite social bookmarking sites
- WP-Polls: Adds an AJAX polling system to your blog.
- WP-PostRatings: adds an AJAX rating system for your blog’s post/page
Activate a Plugin
To activate a Plugin, do the following:
- From within your Dashboard, click on Plugins. This will automatically open up a list of all installed Plugins.
- Select the desired Plugin by clicking on its corresponding Activate link.
- The background on the newly activated Plugin will change to white
- Depending on the Plugin, a Settings link may also be made available. Some Plugins may require configuration. If a Settings link is available, click on it to go into the Settings and make any changes you desire.
Deactivate a Plugin
- From within your Dashboard, click on Plugins to open your list.
- Locate the Plugin to be deactivated and click on its corresponding Deactivate link.
- The background on the newly deactivated Plugin will change to grey