Glencora Borradaile

Associate Professor & College of Engineering Dean's Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Oregon State University

September 21, 2011

How do you find conference acceptance rates?

Filed under: Silent Glen Speaks @ 11:45 am
Tags: ,

It’s getting to be that time.  Mid-tenure.  I apparently am supposed to include acceptance rates for conference publications.  Google got me about half the numbers, but for the rest … is it annoying to email the program chair for that conference?  Even if it was a few years ago?  How else would you find out?

Update 9/22: helpful links and suggestions in the comments below!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

9 Comments

1.   Daniel — September 21, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

Normally proceedings have a foreword chapter that contains this information. This is true e.g. for FOCS and LNCS proceedings. Interestingly, SODA and STOC proceedings have no such chapters (maybe ACM have a strict policy against including useful information in the proceedings?) Fortunately, you can find the acceptance rates of ACM conferences at the ACM Digital Library website.

By the way, do you have a robust definition of acceptance rate that takes withdrawn papers and merges into account?

2.   Glencora — September 21, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Thanks Daniel!

I haven’t asked about how robust the rate needs to be. I’ve just been using accepted/submitted, which is slightly more “favorable” for me, I suppose. Even though it seems that higher profile conferences seem to have higher acceptance rates than lower profile ones.

3.   Erik — September 21, 2011 @ 3:41 pm

You’ll find a few, such as SODA and SoCG, at http://confu.org/ . This is just data that I’ve manually collected, usually from business meetings.

4.   Suresh — September 22, 2011 @ 1:31 am

if you google around, often other researchers list acceptance rates for conferences they publish in. less common in theory, but very common in DB/data mining.

5.   mee — September 22, 2011 @ 2:13 am

You can find some here http://bit.ly/p2HHmR

6.   John — September 22, 2011 @ 9:40 am

If you can’t find the data, neither can they 🙂

7.   Glencora — September 22, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Wow – I think this has been the most useful use of my blog to date. Thanks all!

8.   Soroush — September 23, 2011 @ 1:24 am

This is useful in another way. 🙂

9.   Sumedh — December 6, 2013 @ 9:09 am

Thank you all. I found it really useful.
    @soroush: Thanks. I needed citations database for conferences for specific years. 🙂

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.