Recycling/Surplus Staff Spotlight: Bil Burton

This week’s Staff Spotlight features Bil Burton. Who: Bil Burton, User Support Analyst for Surplus for the last twenty years. [sigh] What he does here: I aid in the resales of surplus properties collected by our department, most of my time is spent on refurbishing and reinstall computer equipment. One fave thing about his job: I […]

September 23, 2015

Bil Staff Spotlight Photo
Bil Burton works with surplused computers.

This week’s Staff Spotlight features Bil Burton.

Who: Bil Burton, User Support Analyst for Surplus for the last twenty years. [sigh]

What he does here:

I aid in the resales of surplus properties collected by our department, most of my time is spent on refurbishing and reinstall computer equipment.

One fave thing about his job:

I do like fixing things. Repairing and reselling equipment is probably part of my DNA.

If he could improve one thing about waste reduction at OSU:

I would ask that we more closely examine the “need” to replace computer equipment just because it is old. I think most computers can continue to run as designed long after they have been replaced, that they should be replaced only if they did not meet the technical needs of the user.

This post is part of the”Recycling/Surplus Staff Spotlight” blog series, which showcases staff from Campus Recycling and Surplus Property and will run regularly during the summer. Tune in throughout the summer for more.

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Campus Recycling Surplus Property Waste Reduction