Week 7 – Blog Post: IPIP Results & Reactions

According to the test that I have taken, all five dimensions including extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness to experience, I am positioning in the average score. For extraversion, the test told me that my score on Extraversion is average, indicating I am neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. I enjoy time with others but also time alone. My level of agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others’ Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice myself for others. My score on Conscientiousness is average. This means I am reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled. My score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that my level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to me, but I am generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations. My score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating I enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. My thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others, I appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

These results have both strengths and weaknesses to potential employers. As all five dimensions I am positioning at the average, it means that I am not as bad as most of the people, however, it also means that I am not as good as those upper part’s people. Some employers might want to get the highest potential of the candidates instead of all average candidates. In the strengths part, I will be able to work with a group or work individually as I enjoy time with others but also fine with alone. Also, I have average agreeableness, it means that I am willing to listen to others’ opinions but I will strongly tell others about what my thoughts are, in order not to sacrifice myself. To the employers, it is really important to get an employee that is able to control themselves. I get an average on conscientiousness, it shows that I could be reliable, organized, and self-controlled. For my stress level, it might be a good or bad thing to the employers because I am easy to get stressed but I can still keep calm under pressure and I can cope with it even though it might upset me a little. Also, my openness to experience might suitable for those employers who are looking for the traditional job duties’ position because I am more comfortable with the traditional but willing to try new stuff.

One reply on “Week 7 – Blog Post: IPIP Results & Reactions”

I think it is interesting that you scored average on each of the 5 personality types! I agree that this brings about strengths and weaknesses both. There are positions where “average” personalities might shine, can you think of any?