Experinces with Descrimination

If I was placed in this situation and felt like what I stood for and what I believed was wrongfully portrayed, it would be very difficult for me to have any tolerance. I believe in what I believe for a reason, and when I see that someone or a group I respect and like goes against my beliefs it usually is no different. It would obviously depend the severity of the case, and if it was even intentional. I think it is necessary to do the research and understand where this all stemmed from. With that said, before I did any research or sought out further understanding, I would think that just hearing this would make me have a hesitancy to support them like I have. Even though I would want to give them a chance and understand the entire scenario, it would be difficult not to have a guard against them.

Like most people, I support someone or something because it aligns with my interest, beliefs and desires. If for some reason there is not that alignment anymore, I do not foresee myself supporting them like I once had. Not only does it make me feel uncomfortable, but at the same time it says something about you as a person to the people you know and the world around you. I don’t want to be perceived by others as someone who I am not.

I terms of employment, it would definitely make me second guess working for that company. Again, it certainly would depend on the severity, but in any case, I would need to understand the details being the issue and if the company recognizes the issue and if they will do anything to address it.