Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

My Brand:

The first impression that I want to present to potential employers is a sense of enthusiasm and critical thinking. Most, if not all, interviews come with a self-introduction first and at that time I usually present confident eye contacts to the interviewer. In order to show the great desire that I want to get this job, I usually will do a lot of background research with this company and then I will present it in the self-introduction to link it with why I want to work in here. My personality strengths is critical thinking so I will show it by presenting my previous working experience and how I used these skills in there.

Present myself in a novel and creative situation wanted ad:

Hello! My name is Andrea Leung and I am a penultimate university student with strong analytical and corporate skills.I am studying business and management in City University of Hong Kong and I am minor in Psychology. Previously I have worked as a Human Resources Intern in Thales Transport & Security (HK) Limited and Nestle. As HR Intern, I have participated in recruitment and compensation and benefits, for example, helping with payroll, arranging interviews, having a phone interview with candidates and promoting the organisation through university job fairs and so on. I help the colleagues with providing ideas of training sets and promoting ideas in different universities. I am a creative and have a strong critical skills student. As I am a business student in Hong Kong, I am now actively seeking a new business position as an Internship. I believe I can make a valuable contribution to the continued development of your company.I would very much like to meet with you to describe the work I have done in previous internship experience and my personality. Please contact me by email at andrealeung0210@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you for reading this advertisement.

One reply on “Critiquing a Recruitment Ad”

Andrea,

I liked your post. It gave good information about the skills you have. Being creative and thinking critically are very good skills that employers look for. However, I think it would be best to give an example of how you are creative and how you were faced with a problem and helped fixed it with your creativity or critical thinking.