Job Application Experience

Recently, I am exploring job opportunities in different business aspects as I am a junior student whose major is business management. The last job that I had applied was a Human Resources Department internship from Nestle. As I know I am new to the industry and my resume is not as good as other applicants, so I have tried to prepare well during the test and interview. I applied the job through JobsDB and after a few days, I received an email which told me to do a test which about the Microsoft skills such as excel problems. I am glad that I have learnt it through my lessons so I can do well in the test and this is the reason why I receive a phone call to arrange an interview with me.

Before the interview, I did a lot of research about the company’s background and history. During the interview, the interviewer really asked me about why I choose this company and I answered a lot about the company’s background which suitable for my future career path and she also asked me the main point why this company has to hire you instead of others. Fortunately, my major is human resources management and the previous internship experience was also the same job title as human resources intern. Therefore, I take this as an advantage to elaborate more through the interview which can show I know well in this industry and I can list out the job duties of an intern of human resources management so this maybe the point the interviewer admired me. I know well about my value and it also suits the company hiring standard so it finally hired me as an intern and I did this job for three months.

3 replies on “Job Application Experience”

I have had an HR internship before. I think I have almost applied to the Nestle internship. How did the process effect your view of the company? Based on what you said you kind of expected what they wanted and that’s why you did research to figure out good things to say to the interviewer. It is good that you did a lot of research about the company before going into the interview.

Even though you may not have a lot of experience on your resume because you are a student, you made up for it in other ways. You did good research on the company before interviewing and why you would be a good fit for them. I like that you mentioned what value you could bring to the company, this likely differentiated you from other applicants. Good job getting the internship!

Hi Andrea!
That is interesting that you had to do Microsoft office testing! I haven’t had to do that in any of my application processes yet. It sounds like you are really knowledgable and experienced in this field, so I’m glad the interviewer saw that! It’s good that you are confident and recognize your skill as well because that is important when applying for jobs.