Selling Your Brand

When applying and eventually interviewing for jobs, you have to create an identity or brand that makes employers look at you and your qualities and go, “I want them”. If you can do that, then you have a high chance of landing the job you desire.

In my opinion, I feel like the first impression that I make on employers is that I am honest, respectful, and can engage in conversation. When I engage in a conversation with an employer, I look to answer all their questions as best as possible and listen to what they have to say with my full attention. Additionally, I look to speak in a professional manner and articulate my words clearly so that the employer has no trouble hearing me. Regarding my strengths, I consider myself to be hardworking, open-minded and have the ability to take charge of a situation if things get too out of hand. On the other side, my weaknesses may include my lack of knowledge in Excel or other hard skills and that I can sometimes blank on questions I don’t fully have a response.

Now, if I were to present myself in a situation where employers were looking for someone like me for a position, the first thing I would do is reach out to the employer about noticing the sign or ad they posted and say that I am eager to learn more about the position they are looking for. From then on, after hopefully making a good impression, I would follow up to conduct an interview and show the employer the traits and qualities I listed above to show that I am capable of doing the job at a high level. If the employer were to bring up any questions about my history or weaknesses, I would describe my past and say that I am eager to eradicate my weaknesses, even though everyone has them, but then again, that would show my strength of being open-minded and hardworking.