Experiences with Discrimination

Discrimination in the workplace occurs more often than people may think as it can often go unnoticed. Discrimination can take many forms, such as not being hired, being paid less than others for the same work, or being passed on for promotions or training opportunities. When people are discriminated against, they often have a decline in their self-esteem, job satisfaction, and career opportunities. It can also lead to a toxic work environment and lower productivity.

Moving along let’s imagine one of your favorite companies is facing a lawsuit claiming they discriminate against a certain culture or belief system you have. Normally, companies have discrimination policies, and in this instance, those policies were broken. In my opinion, my stance and view of the company would be directly affected as I would take offense to whatever they said or did that encouraged a lawsuit to take place. Additionally, many other people would take offense to it rather than just one individual so my perspective of the company would also change due to how many people they offended. With all of that in mind, my support for the company would die down until they made an effort to do right by the people they offended, and even then, the company still might not regain my full support.

As I mentioned, a lot would need to change for a company to regain my support if they discriminated against me or another group of people as its hard to trust a company if they don’t support who you are or what you believe. Given this information, I think I would not want to apply for a job at this company due to its history of discrimination,.