Hello world!

Hi, my name is Zach Benedetti and I am a Computer Science student at Oregon State University. I currently reside here in Corvallis, but I am from Tigard, Oregon.

I have 2 younger brothers and many cousins, 3 of which went to Oregon State and I have many aunts and uncles that also did, so the choice was easy. I’m historically a duck fan due to my dad, but I grew to like the beavers more and more as I grew up. This created some friendly drama in the household.

I enjoy hiking, watching football, running, weightlifting, and going out. Honestly, anything outdoors is a huge appeal to me. Obsessed is an understatement, but keeping up with the NFL is a huge hobby of mine. I root for the Houston Texans.

As far as my Computer Science background, I have always retained interest in the field. Me and my mom went to the Apple Store at a young age to fix our family laptop and I pointed out I wanted to be one of the help desk assistants one day. Since then, my goals have been a little bit more ambitious than that, but mostly gravitated toward the same track. I was also considering the field of business, since I am very much people-oriented, but I just decided to minor in it.

I haven’t had a paid job for CS yet, but I will have one come this spring (2025) for the MECOP program. I’ve been able to come up with a lot of projects from and outside of school. Most of these are along the lines of front-end website development or smaller back-end projects.

I’ve always liked creating things that are useful and make me more productive in my daily life. This is why most of my projects have been to-do lists or efficiency software. It also translates well to my leadership position for SigEp because I can program things to make everyone’s life easier, even if it’s in a minor way.

I’ll be documenting my capstone project, where I have interest in projects related to AI and Software Engineering. I have a very systematic way of doing things; my projects, my school work, and my daily tasks. I’ll discuss this more in my later posts as the project continues.

This was just a little bit about me, so you can know who I am as the future blog posts come out regarding my project. You’ll eventually learn how I balance my time with leadership positions and outside involvement as well as things I enjoy doing in my free time on top of working on a large project. Stay tuned!

One reply on “Hello world!”