Job Descriptions

The job description gives me a general idea of what the job does and what skills are needed for a job. A good job description can also prevent me from finding a position that is not suitable for me. Since my last job was at the school McNary Dinning Hall, these jobs are very simple and do not require some skills learned in school, so the job description is not too complicated to understand. Besides, the management will give priority to those who have worked in this field. I also think I am suitable for the position offered by the school. At McNary Dinning Hall, all I had to do was to wash dishes in the dish room, cut vegetables in the kitchen, and clean up the hall. I think my experience at the McNary Dinning Hall fits well with its job description for the most part. But there was a part of it that I didn’t expect. Not only do I need to do my job during the rush hour, I also need to fill in some positions that are too busy. Because some colleagues may be absent for urgent reasons, this places the burden on the incumbent. We sometimes have to take up positions we’ve never been trained for. I think this is something that needs to be improved. Because taking on a new job without training not only reduces efficiency, it can also make a department more chaotic.