Job Descriptions

For me, a job description is decisive in deciding whether to apply for a job or not. An accurate, detailed job description is more likely to attract the attention of job seekers. Before applying for a job, I will carefully review the job description posted by companies to determine if the requirements and benefits of the position meet my requirements. During the interview or when the company sends me an offer, I will pay attention to whether the job conditions described by the interviewer match the description on the website. If there is a discrepancy between the two, I may raise doubts and consider whether to work for this company because I think integrity is crucial for a company.

Based on the different jobs I have had, most of the job descriptions are accurate. My last job was as a sales assistant intern for an international trading company. I could not find the job description, but I remember that it outlined the general job activities, benefits, working hours, location, and so on. The job description is close to the actual job content, requiring interns to develop new clients, follow up with existing clients, attend trade shows, etc. However, one difference is that in actual work, this position requires employees to go to the factory to supervise the loading for shipment or occasionally go to the factory to inspect the goods. This requirement is not in the job description. Since I don’t like sitting in an office for long and tedious hours, I don’t mind this requirement very much. Thus, I worked for the company for about a year. Although the salary is not very high, I learned a lot about international trade from this job.