Job Interview Experience

One important factor for both applying employees and hiring companies is the interview process. For companies to insure that they hire a employee that is both qualified and motivated to complete the job is to put each applicant through a interview process that best suits your company. Not each company looks for the same qualities in employees, some companies may want employees with a lot of experience while missing other skills such as social skills or technological skills, while other companies may be looking for employees that are motivated and want to reach a certain goal and missing some experience or education. Companies should shape the questions in their interview to look for answers that can best place qualified employees into the correct positions.

In my lifetime I have gone through a couple different interview processes in different levels of employment. During my time in high school I used to have multiple jobs at the lowest level of employment. For these interviews, employers asked questions regarding my work ethic and motivation instead of previous experiences. I noticed a changed as I started to interview for jobs and internships linked to my career path. During these interviews, employers would ask questions that pushed my thinking to a different level and wanted to see how I am able to problem solve or react to situations that I am unfamiliar with. This change makes sense because as you climb the latter, employers need more information and should get to know an applicant on a personal level so that they can make the correct hire decision and have no regrets in new employees. My experiences with interviews have overall been positive and some of the things I have learned that could translate into me personally running the interview process is to ask questions that make the applicant uncomfortable so that you can see if they are a fit for your company.