Week 1 Job Applications

I’ve had limited experience with job applications since the job I have been working at every summer since I was 11 didn’t require an application. For the job I currently have, the application process was very simple. I shared my resume and because they were in the need of new employees I was able to get the job based off of my resume being very sound. But I did apply for a part time position in the fall before I landed this position and it did not go well. During this process, I applied for a marketing position with a marketing firm through handshake. The application said remote part time work which was exactly what I was interested in so I applied. When I applied I got a response in 24 hrs saying my application was above their expectations and they wanted to interview me. I was curious on their responsiveness and did some research into the company and the position. It turned out that the marketing firm was basically a pyramid scheme. The company was not what it said it was and I was actually going to be a salesman/customer representative for a cutlery company. This was disappointing to me and I emailed the interviewer and declined the interview offer because they were misleading with their job description at every point. I did not want to work for a company that misled its applicant and employees on their positions and responsibilities. On a separate note I also applied for a couple other part time jobs during this past fall and I didn’t get a formal response from them. There was the automatic response and that was it. I was uninterested in working for a company that could not even take the time to reach out to applicants directly.