Oregon State University|blogs.oregonstate.edu
Blog Owner
Blogger Name

Capstone Reflection

November 24th, 2023

The goal I had for my capstone was to get some experience in React. All of my web dev experience is limited to school. I feel like I am in the middle of my breakthrough at this exact moment. I am at the point now in the process where things are starting to click in place. It matters a lot now because we are coming to the tail end of the project and a lot of work needs to be finished up. I also feel like getting to work on a web dev project has reaffirmed that I do enjoy doing iOS development more. As I embark on a new career, it helps to know where my preferences are.

One success I had was learning that I desire to learn more about UI/UX. I enjoyed making logos, choosing color palettes, and figuring out which design direction to take. I am excited to see what our final product will look like and excited that I played a big part in that.

A struggle I had during this course a lot was time management. I was working full-time and also had a business trip in the middle of the course. I definitely struggled to find a balance. Although I am finishing up at OSU this quarter, I do not foresee never having to balance learning time and work again in the future. I need to learn to be more disciplined with my time in the future. Time is not an infinite resource and striving for better time management in work, school, and life is important to me.

As with any project, I have learned more about myself and more about technology. I will take these lessons and as they do in agile make changes based on these lessons and improve on the next iteration.