« | »

UHDS: Encouraging Wellness

Posted September 24th, 2010 by mclaugke

Welcome to OSU and UHDS!    As UHDS’ Registered Dietitian, I would like to share that we are deeply committed to creating environments that encourage wellness.  In an effort to promote physical wellness, our goal in dining services is to make the healthy choice, the easy choice.

We are excited about some new, healthful offerings now available.  Over the summer Arnold Dining Center was remodeled and Kikko’s Sushi was added.  There you will find a variety of hand rolled sushi as well as other traditional Japanese cuisine options.  Arnold Bistro offers daily vegan specials, boldly flavored whole grains and legumes, and salad bar selections that change daily so you never get bored with the same options!

Coming soon at Bing’s: more whole grain options available for all wraps and calzini’s. If you are a die hard Calzini fan, be sure to check out the whole wheat pizza crust option!

Marketplace West and McNary Dining’s Calabaloo’s restaurant now features the Pacific City Salad made with local apples and dried cranberries and served with a splash of balsamic vinaigrette.  If you are looking for lighter fare, this is a great side to your burger choice.

In all of our dining centers, we strive to offer portion sizes that meet your individual needs which is why we now offer a smaller soup option (1 cup size).  This is a great option if you are craving a soup and sandwich or salad combo.

If you are looking for gluten free options, vegan and vegetarian, or Halal options, there are several available options for you in each dining center, viewable at the following link.  If there are special dietary considerations that you need assistance with , I am here to serve you so don’t hesitate to contact me.

As always, if you have additional food service suggestions and ideas, we want to hear from you

Be Well!

Tags: , ,

3 Responses to “UHDS: Encouraging Wellness”

1. ACN Scam Says:

Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Casimira Giombetti Says:

I love getting the letters, but please will not go telling folks they are planning to obtain about an individual a week. We have been lucky to acquire one a month. You need to do a little better than that….or end the pinocchio stories at the quite least. If just one a month is what it is, then that is what it is.

3. Erich Auberry Says:

I totally dig this idea, but . . . who writes the first letters you guys or us? (above says, you guys, nevertheless the email I got just said we write them.) What is the subject matter? Can we write about anything? I can imagine this can be a lot cheaper than therapy or medication for some men and women. Can we include images of our cats? How about recipes for vegan cupcakes? There is a chance I may possibly have interesting things to write about. What is the statistical probability that the reader will care? Good idea! You are all amazing. Please advise.